Andrew is inviting constituents to nominate volunteers, key workers, businesses, schools or other local organisations for recognition and thanks for their heroic efforts during the Covid pandemic.
While most of us want to move on from the events of the last year and begin a ‘new normal’, we should remember and recognise those in our communities who went the extra mile. They embody the local and national “Keep Calm and Carry On” spirit which has been key in keeping communities together during Britain’s largest peace time crisis.
Among the activities Andrew welcomes nominations to include (but are not limited to):
- Helping the vulnerable, for example, by delivering food, medicines, and other essential goods to those unable to travel to shops; or providing support to the lonely.
- Helping the young, for example, through the provision of online schooling, tutoring, or extracurricular activities while school premises were closed.
- Helping key workers, for example by supporting families while at work.
- Working or providing services in the face of extreme challenges.
- Otherwise keeping morale high through community activities, for example, through lockdown quizzes or creative social events.
- Adapting to the challenges of lockdown and the changes in demand for goods and services - pubs doing takeaways or deliveries for example.
To nominate an individual, group or organisation for Andrew’s Covid Heroes certificate of appreciation, please follow this link to fill out the Google Doc – it will only take a few minutes.